Personally, even just hearing the word “networking” makes me groan. I am primarily an introvert and therefore small talk with strangers holds absolutely no interest for me. When I became a CareerMom, this situation was exacerbated as suddenly my hours switched to 07:30-15:30 and so I couldn’t attend the extra-curricular evening socials and events, even if I had wanted to!
However, this attitude = career suicide!
If your career stakeholders don’t know who you are, and what you can do for them, you will not be getting promoted.
So, whether it is your first few days back in the office after maternity leave – or you just need to kick start a round of self-promotion before your next appraisal – it is time to ensure you are talking to “The Important People”!
Sign up here to receive the CareerMom: How to network with the important people FREE mini guide!
Use it to find out how to:
- work out who the important people are and get on their radar,
- make the best impression when you return from maternity leave or a career break,
- not to be disadvantaged by non-conventional work hours, and
- feel confident about your work life boundaries.
AND – as a bonus the guide includes tried-and-tested scripts for:
- requesting meetings,
- creating your return-to-work elevator pitch, and
- and feeling confident saying “No” without jeopardising your work reputation!
Use this approach to set yourself up for success after maternity leave – or to boost your office profile when you need to!
You may also like: Now you’re a CareerMom, what really matters?
Never miss a CareerMom post – subscribe here!